Selznick Scientific Software is committed to producing the highest quality
software products for our users. But what is Selznick Scientific
Selznick Scientific Software is a limited liability company in Tucson,
Arizona: home of cactus and heat. And when we say heat, we mean a lot of
it. Check out Yahoo's
weather report for Tucson. But hey, it's a dry heat. Selznick
Scientific Software also has this really nifty web site. But there's got to
Selznick Scientific Software is a creative and intellectual vent, if you haven't already guessed,
for Sanford Selznick. When he's not skiing (not a whole lot of that in
Tucson), running, or telling way too many bad jokes, Sanford's generally
smiling all the time. Here's a description of a dog named Sanford who is
available for adoption from our local animal shelter. (The description is mostly accurate for Sanford
too, except he has no children named Cricket, Lobo, or Chloe. He was born in 69, not 96, and he doesn't need
a leash. Most everything else is correct.)
What's Sanford's history? You don't want to know. But if you must, it's
chock full o' research in
diametrically opposed fields in which he has lots of experience...
- Nine years as a researcher for the
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, College
of Medicine at the University of Arizona. While there, Sanford worked on an incredibly rewarding
five year project to characterize a new subtype of the degenerative bone disease Rickets.
- While working on his Master's in Computer Science,
Sanford did research on some seriously novel sequence alignment algorithms for Molecular Biologists.
- Two years as President and Engineer for Molecular Ventures where he programmed
the MacMolecule2 and PCMolecule2 Easy-to-use molecular rendering software. (Their web site
has disappeared over the last few months. Sorry!)
- Two years as "Systems Programmer, Principal" for the Mars Odyssey spacecraft
programming its Gamma Ray Spectrometer and two Neutron Detectors.
(Mars Odyssey arrived at Mars October 24, 2001, it's working, and has recently been assigned an extended mission!!)
- Now Sanford's focus is on his company, Selznick Scientific Software, where he's working on lots of projects:
- He's porting the commanding and telemetry software he designed for Mars Odyssey to
the JPL Sponsored
2007 Mars Lander (named Phoenix).
- Sanford's finishing up an amazing NIH-SBIR Sponsored project
to computerize all of the recordkeeping for
Cell Culture Laboratories. The novel software is called a Cell
Culture Laboratory Information Management System (CCLims). Prototypes of CCLims
are boosting the productivity of Cell Culture Laboratories by 60%! (No one is more shocked than we are.)
- Sanford is working with the good people at Seiko Instruments USA Inc. to
make their excellent label printers compatible with Mac OS X as well as updating their Windows software.
- And doing work with Photometrics to make their excellent cameras
compatible with Mac OS X.
- Sanford writes and maintains all his shareware.
- And Sanford is working with small and large companies in and around Tucson, Arizona to bring their software ideas to the masses! (That's you.)
- In his spare time Sanford renovates houses and spends time with his growing family.
And what's next? You'll know when he knows!
PS - Special thanks to BBEdit by Bare Bones Software, Inc.,
a great time saving web design tool and also thanks to BBEdit for helping us make this site w3c CSS and XHTML compliant!
And a special thanks to Stat Computer Services, L.L.C. for
their superb consulting!
And our amazing Web Site design by Maria Acuna and Kevin Romo-Leon.